- Judging by the twinkle in Biggs's eye, Cid has a plan.
- Cid reveals that something about the Illuminati's scheme has been puzzling him, namely their decision to send coded communications disclosing the secret to entering Gordias. For whom were these messages intended? The answer, he concludes, is a spy─an agent who needs a way to re-enter the stronghold. Accordingly, he continues, he has ordered that the area around the primal's hand be cleared, hoping to entice Illuminati operatives into revealing themselves. Scant moments later, Wedge receives word that Brayflox has been seen entering the colossus. You can only conclude that she is not who she seems. Join Cid and Mide in pursuing the impostor into the giant.
- ※The Arm of the Father can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have pursued the spy through Gordias. Now follow her to the next area.
- Before you can apprehend the spy, Quickthinx Allthoughts and his guards emerge from a nearby corridor and gun her down. Betraying no hint of remorse, the Illuminati Grand Master then announces that he has been searching for the "missing piece" required to make the world perfect, prompting Cid to fire back that his perfect world will be nothing more than a dead star. Alas, no words will dissuade the Illuminati from their course, and the goblins soon depart to enact their plan...
- Sensing Cid's frustration, Mide reveals that she knows how to shut down the primal's core, and Roundrox adds that she can assist you in identifying its location. Accordingly, Cid bids you make your way outside and prepare for what promises to be an eventful mission. Meet with Mide at Bigwest Shortstop and discuss how best to proceed.
- Mide reaffirms that which you already know: that the Illuminati and their primal must be stopped at all costs. Steel yourself for the coming battle, and press on into Gordias when you are ready.