- Brictt regretfully informs you that Osaulie, the young thief you encountered in the Brume, recently passed away. But something about this whole affair doesn't sit right with him. What he finds most troubling about this is how such a resourceful girl could not afford to guard herself against the chilly nights of Ishgard. Brictt asks that you speak with patrons at the Forgotten Knight and find her belongings for clues.
- You speak with a drunken knight in the tavern and find Osaulie's belongings in the Brume. The knight tells you she listened intently to his stories of Camp Cloudtop, a quiet, dragon–free settlement in the Sea of Clouds. Amongst her belongings are flyers for this encampment and a large sum of gil. Return to Brictt and tell him of what you learned.
- You tell Brictt of the conversation in the Forgotten Knight, and when he sees the gil and flyers in her bag, all the pieces fall into place. Osaulie was orphaned years ago after an attack by dragons, and he suspects she longed to escape Ishgard. In the end, her desire to save every last coin of her money cost her life. Brictt is saddened that a child with such determination could be denied her dream. As a small gesture of respect, he asks you take her belongings to Camp Cloudtop and erect a small memorial in her honor.
- You travel to Camp Cloudtop. You place her belongings down in the shade of a large flower when a sound reminiscent of laughter briefly catches your attention. Return to Brictt and tell him the deed has been done.
- Brictt thanks you for taking time to pay tribute to Osaulie's efforts. The end of the Dragonsong War is not yet in sight, but he believes someday the realm will escape the bloody grasp of conflict.