- With the matter of the Namazu's involvement settled─after a fashion─you and Kabuto set off for Kugane once again, knowing that you must make haste if you are to arrive before Nhaza'a Jaab. You opt to go directly to the meeting place at the Bokairo Inn, as J'olhmyn and M'zhet are likely to find their way back to the port city before you.
- Upon your arrival, J'olhmyn informs you that she has already located Nhaza'a Jaab, who but recently came into port and boarded the imposing Kuroboro Maru along with his “cargo.” Soon after, M'zhet, who has been monitoring the harbor, contacts you by linkpearl, his rambling belying the urgency of the situation. It seems that Nhaza'a has already brought Alpa and Gyorei out on deck, presumably to be presented as the Three Wonders to his buyer─namely, the unscrupulous merchant Kageyama. The moment for action has come. Nhaza'a and Kageyama must be stopped before Alpa and Gyorei are relieved of flesh and fin.
- You and your companions rush aboard the Kuroboro Maru, arriving just in time for J'olhmyn to save Alpa from a grisly fate at the hands of Nhaza'a Jaab. Though an ungallant kick to the ribs sends J'olhmyn sprawling, the rest of your group rushes forward to continue the fight. This includes Gyoshin, who appears not a moment too soon, perched on an airborne mikoshi. Without preamble, he rams it into Kageyama, sending the villain─along with many a Namazu mikoshi bearer─flying. Meanwhile, Kabuto takes advantage of the confusion to slash at a distracted Nhaza'a, leaving him clutching a wound in his abdomen. Though the villain is still unwilling to surrender, the sound of the Sekiseigumi's whistle sends him loping to his skiff, hidden nearby as a means of escape. Though M'zhet's lobbed grenade fails to detonate, it is nevertheless successful in driving Nhaza'a off his boat and into the water, where he is dragged under by an unidentified finned creature. Kageyama's flight is more successful─he's halfway to Kogane Dori by the time you notice his departure. You, of course, give chase, Alpa and Kabuto in tow.
- From a vantage point above Kogane Dori, you manage to catch sight of Kageyama. As you close in, he realizes that you are in pursuit, and hastily scatters a great deal of coin, causing nearby citizens to block your path as they scramble to lay hands on it. It immediately becomes clear, however, that he failed to account for the presence of a skilled Ananta goldsmith, as Alpa removes the distraction by shaping the money into a large ornament of the sort found atop Namazu mikoshi─dispersing the crowd as they realize with horror that their financial windfall is now an ichthyic monument of questionable monetary or artistic value. Though the thwarted Kageyama once again attempts to flee on foot, he runs right into Hancock and a pair of Sekiseigumi, and is summarily detained. Perhaps he will at last face justice for eschewing morality in the name of greed. Perhaps.
- With the dastardly plot of Nhaza'a Jaab and Kageyama unraveled and the villains no longer a threat─at least for the time being─Alpa suggests that the whole group visit the Bokaisen Hot Springs to heal any lingering scrapes and bruises. As you enjoy the warm water and congenial chatter, you reflect on the many bonds forged this day. Indeed, such friendships may in time prove the greatest treasure of all.