- Godriquelain has learned that the Continental Circus is recruiting volunteers for the costume parade it is hosting in Ul'dah. As you have done thus far, you must pretend to cooperate with the twisted troupe, that you might uncover the details of its dark plot. Speak with the unsavory illusionist by the entrance to the Ruby Road Exchange, and offer your services to her. ※Please note that you will be unable to complete this quest after the seasonal event has ended. For details, please check the Lodestone.
- Desiring to spread word of the parade, the unsavory illusionist entrusts you with three flyers to hand out at the Quicksand. Head inside the tavern, and find likely recipients for the flyers. ※If the illusion wears off, you may receive it again by speaking with the unsavory illusionist.
- You have handed out all three flyers. Report the completion of your task to the unsavory illusionist.
- Satisfied that the parade has been sufficiently advertised, the unsavory illusionist next bids you participate in the parade itself. While transfigured, take your place in the parade alongside your fellow adventurers, and cast the Festal Cant charm upon the citizens who have come to spectate. ※The FATE “Main Street Spectral Parade” can be commenced by speaking with the ogre pumpkinhead on Emerald Avenue.
- In no small part due to your participation, the parade has proved to be a rousing success. Report the completion of your task to the unsavory illusionist.
- Having thanked you for your assistance, the unsavory illusionist lets it slip that she has a clandestine meeting with someone she calls the Impresario. *In spite of her earnest request that you do not follow her, your instincts tell you that this is a meeting you do not want to miss. Make your way to the Gold Court, and find a suitable place to observe the rendezvous.
- You have overheard the conversation between the Impresario and the unsavory illusionist, both of whom are revealed to be imps in disguise. As you have suspected all along, the parade is but a means to usher in the Night of Devilry; the charm does not actually grant happiness and fortune, but transforms people into fiends. Make haste to the Quicksand, and report all that you have seen and heard to Godriquelain.
- Godriquelain is shocked to learn of the charm's true nature, and moves to put a stop to the parade. However, Momodi, on her way back from spectating the parade, assures him that the charm is in fact harmless. It would seem that the Continental Circus had been misled all this time, and the citizens are perfectly safe. So ends your quest to forestall the Night of Devilry. And though the danger is passed─or rather, never was─the festivities yet continue. Why not participate in another parade?