They can be unlocked by completing the following quests:
|Quest||Just Deserts||Spirithold Broken||Way Down in the Hole||?|
Once unlocked, you can access the the Inns by speaking to the Innkeep
When player characters enter an inn (or cities or areas near Aetherytes), they go into “resting mode,” accumulating a rested bonus as time passes. Even after players have logged out, the rested bonus continues to accumulate up to a maximum limit.
When player characters are sufficiently rested, experience points earned through combat, synthesis, and gathering are increased by 50%.
- When playing with a level 60 class, the rested bonus does not decrease.
- The bonus does not apply to experience points received as part of quest rewards or for completing levequests.
The Unending Journey
In the inn, players may access a compendium called The Unending Journey which contains a list of completed quests. They can also select and replay event scenes from this list.
- Only items in 100% condition can be stored.
- Multiple items of the same name cannot be stored.
- Stored items will have their spiritbond values reset to 0.
- Hermes' Shoes cannot be stored for a fixed period (approx. one day, Earth time) following use.
The same storage is accessible from the armoires in all four city inns. For example, an item stored using the armoire at the Mizzenmast in Limsa Lominsa can be retrieved using the armoire at the Roost in Gridania. Artifact armor for Jobs, Seasonal Event items, Achievement rewards, and "Exclusive Extras" such as Veteran Rewards are the primary types of items that can be stored.
Summons your retainers.
Summons the Aesthetician.
Allows you to play the Parley, Concentration, and Slide I+XIV mini-games if you've unlocked them.
- Synthesis, repairs, and materia melding cannot be performed inside private rooms. You must also leave the room in order to Teleport somewhere else.