Upon reaching level 60 with at least one Disciple of War or Magic, players can speak with the Unctuous Adventurer located in Idyllshire to unlock the Wondrous Tails weekly mini-game which requires players to complete various battle-related content and complete rows in your Wondrous Tails journal.
Receive a Wondrous Tails journal.
After completing the quest Keeping Up with the Aliapohs, speak with the NPC Khloe Aliapoh in Idyllshire (X:5.7 Y:6.1) to receive a journal containing sixteen objectives. Please note that no two players will have all of the same objectives.
- A new journal will be available from Khloe Aliapoh every week on Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. (PDT).
- Your journal is accessible via the Key Items menu.
Upon completing the objectives corresponding to the squares in the left side of the journal, you will receive randomly placed seals on the right side of the journal.
- You can only receive one seal per objective.
When you have received nine seals for your journal, deliver it to Khloe Aliapoh, and she will reward you accordingly. You will receive a base reward for obtaining nine seals, and additional rewards for completing rows horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- A Wondrous Tails journal can only be kept for two weeks starting from the Tuesday when it was first issued before it must be handed in for a reward. In the case you exceed the reward period for a Wondrous Tails journal, you may speak with Khloe Aliapoh to exchange it for a new one.
The best prizes are reserved for completing three rows horizontally, vertically, or diagonally in one journal, but to do so is statistically rare. Placing 9 seals on a 4x4 grid leads to 11440 possible outcomes, of which only 24 complete three rows.
When you complete an objective with one or more party members who are new to the duty, you will receive one Second Chance point. You can receive up to nine points.
- Once you have unlocked Wondrous Tails, it is possible to receive Second Chance points even if you do not currently possess a journal.
- You will only receive one Second Chance point per objective even if more than one party member is new to the duty.
- Second Chance points can only be obtained from duties that offer bonuses when one or more players are new to the duty.
Second Chance points can be used for 2 things: Retry (1 point), or Shuffle (2 points).
- Retry can be used to complete otherwise difficult objectives and to effectively re-run an already completed objectives for an additional seal.
- Shuffle randomizes the placement of your seals, granting you additional chances at the higher tier rewards. Shuffle is only available when you have between 3 and 7 stamps placed, meaning that there will no guarantee that you will be able to obtain the top-tier reward in a given journal.
- To maximize your chances of obtaining the highest-tier rewards, you will want to obtain 7 stamps and use shuffle until the stamps conform to one of the 24 patterns shown above. Then complete two additional objectives and hope that your stamps land in the ideal spots.
- Following this advice, a player will have approximately a 40% chance of completing two lines, and approximately a 2.5% chance of completing three lines (as compared to the approximately .2% chance of completing three lines without utilizing this method).