| NPCs Involved
|Ollier, Goncquard, Z'napha, Lyell, Flaurie, Northern Storm, Kokomui, Jourcel, Abbelina, Hitchcock, Veleda, Senor Desinflado, Roland, Godbert
| Objects Involved
|Parchment Slip, Tiny Phial, Serving Tray
- Ollier seeks a volunteer for a golden opportunity.
- ※This quest is available for a limited time only.
- You step into Wonder Square to be greeted by a Gold Saucer attendant named Ollier, who offers you the rare chance to experience a number of forthcoming attractions ahead of their release to the public. Never one to pass up such an alluring opportunity, you agree to Ollier's proposition, but before he can explain further a shrill cry sounds from the Manderville Lounge. The attendant rushes off to lend his aid, and urges you to accompany him.
- ※Please note that you will be unable to complete this quest after the seasonal event has ended. For details, please check the Lodestone.
- A chilling sight greets your arrival at the Manderville Lounge: an Elezen lying prostrate on the floor, surrounded by shocked onlookers. Z'napha, a Gold Saucer server, explains that the man was suddenly overcome in a violent fit, from which it seems he will not recover. Roland appears, drawn by the distressed scream, and demands an explanation. After Ollier apprises Roland of the situation, he shocks everyone present by concluding that Goncquard, the victim, was likely poisoned. Roland urges a swift call to action, and appoints both you and Ollier as interim inspectors, offering his full support. Ollier wastes no time and immediately deduces the three most likely suspects─Z'napha, Lyell, and Flaurie─suggesting that you start your inquiry by questioning them.
- Unsurprisingly, each of the suspects denies any involvement in or knowledge of the poisoning. With your options exhausted, perhaps it would be best to consult with Ollier as to what your next step should be.
- Ollier is unperturbed at your initial difficulties, and urges you to begin searching the Gold Saucer. He is certain that somewhere lies evidence the criminal has overlooked, or that one of the many people in the Gold Saucer saw something that can aid your inquiry. Scour every room and question every guest, and speak with Ollier once you have determined who poisoned Goncquard in the Manderville Lounge.
- After an impressive show of deductive reasoning, you unveil the identity of Goncquard's murderer, bringing this dramatic incident to a close. The conclusion comes as a surprise to some, but all involved are happy to put this tragedy behind them. Now that the mystery is solved, speak with Ollier to see if there is anything else he requires.
- Ollier is relieved that your work is over, and asks you to follow him to Wonder Square, where Roland awaits to congratulate you personally.
- Your success is celebrated by all and sundry, and Roland promises a grand reward for your efforts. However, the web of intrigue surrounding this murder is intricate, and even the cleverest inspector can overlook small details at first glance. Should you wish to retrace the tragedy at the Manderville Lounge and consult the evidence once more, speak with Ollier to relive the case.
Spoiler Warning: Walkthrough may spoil the fun!
- Follow the flagged NPCs until free to look for clues.
- Find up to 10 clues:
- Abbelina (4.9-7.3 / Entrance Square, First Floor)
- NPC tells you the victim was a frequent patron and seemed happy with his wife when she joined him.
- Jourcel (5.2-6.2 / Entrance Square, First Floor)
- NPC tells you the victim and his wife were together in good spirits at Senor Sabotender's antics.
- Parchment Slip (4.6-7.4; Entrance Square, Card Square, beside sofa)
- Instructs "The King" to do "what needs to be done" in exchange for a handsome reward from "The Rook".
- Hitchcock (8.5-4.8 / Event Square, First Floor)
- NPC gives you the victim's drinking glass, which has a faint, sweet odor.
- Veleda (8.5-5.8 / Event Square, Cactpot Board, Second Floor)
- NPC tells you she doubt Lyell is guilty, but cannot speak for Z'napha, who is too new to judge.
- Serving Tray (7.2-7.6 / Wonder Square, Second Floor)
- Gives off a pungent odor of bitter spirits.
- Kokomui (7.2-7.2 / Wonder Square, Second Floor)
- NPC tells you the victim had great luck at the Cactpot boards.
- Northern Storm (7.3-7.2 / Wonder Square, Second Floor)
- NPC claims the victim drank and couldn't keep his hands off the servers when his wife wasn't around.
- Senor Desinflado (4.9-4.9 / Round Square, First Floor)
- A discarded Senor Sabotender costume with a sickly-sweet fragrance on it.
- Tiny Phial (7.9-6.8 / Hall between Wonder and Event Square, First Floor)
- Empty, but contains a sweet fragrance.
- Return to Ollier with the clues and prepare to deduce the killer.
- Deduce that the victim was poisoned by his drink based on the aroma on the glass.
- Deduce that the poison was administered "When the food and drink were on the table", from a small phial.
- Deduce that Senor Sabotender is actually the murderer, and because only a lalafell could fit into the costume, it must have been Kokomui.
- Accuse Kokomui of running out of coin, and thus accepting the proposition to commit murder from Roland.
- Follow the flagged NPCs again to receive your reward.