- Khulan declares that the time has come to prove once and for all that Mauci is not, and never was, a master swordsman. She bids you head to a cave to the west known as the Hundred-and-one Revelations to meet an Uyagiri udgan. While you make your way there, Khulan says she shall find Mauci and bring him along shortly.
- You come face–to–face with the udgan known as Ibakha. She instantly realizes that it is not you with whom she has business, beckoning Mauci to join you in the cave. Ibakha is ultimately unable to tell Mauci anything of his past life, but advises him to accept the present for only it, and not history, will lead to his future.
- Mauci, even more convinced his name is an ill fit, decides to tell the villagers that he is going to abandon training with a sword in favor of honing his hand-to-hand combat skills. Khulan suggests that Mauci slay a Matanga and bring back some of its fangs as proof of his newfound strength. You head with Mauci to the north in search of the creature.
- Mauci asks you to keep any other creatures that appear at bay while he dispatches the Matanga. You keep watch for beasts while Mauci goes to lock horns with the creature.
- There are initially no signs of any other beasts, but you choose to continue to keep watch just in case.
- As expected, several beasts eventually appear and you make short work of them. Noticing that Mauci has successfully vanquished his foe as well, you head over to speak with him.
- Mauci bids you return to the village without him as he still needs to collect a few of his foe's fangs. He also asks that you inform Khulan of his success, lest his friend be left worrying.
- Khulan requests that the villagers all gather to listen to a message Mauci wishes to deliver to them. The troubled Dotharli boy declares to the crowd that he is not Mauci of the Seven and Seven Swords and will never again take up a blade. However, Mergen laughs this off, stating that not all the previous Maucis were skilled swordsmen. This leaves Mauci somewhat deflated as he realizes all his turmoil up until now had been for naught.
- Mauci wishes he had been told sooner of his various past selves, but is relieved that his struggle is over at last. He thanks both you and Khulan for your help, Khulan remarking that she is glad her friend can remain in Dotharl Khaa.