- His passion for crafting stirred by news of your quest to restore the arm of a Zodiac Brave, Guiding Star sets about devising a compound capable of becoming the weapon's frame. He lights upon Allagan resin as the ideal base for such a substance, and bids you scour southern Thanalan's markets for a lump of the stuff.
- With an excited light in his eyes, Guiding Star accepts the Allagan resin, remarking that no other material in Eorzea is so mutable. Now that you have secured the substance's base, he goes on, an ore known as vale bubo is required to grant it rigidity, as well as a piece of voidweave to lend it a measure of suppleness. To procure such seldom-seen materials, you will have no choice but to brave the horrors of the Aurum Vale and Haukke Manor respectively.
※The Aurum Vale and Haukke Manor (Hard) can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- The threats of the Vale and voidsent are at your back, and the vale bubo and voidweave safely in your possession. Deliver them now to Guiding Star in Revenant's Toll.
- Now in possession of the wherewithal to make his proposed compound indurate and supple, Guiding Star's thoughts turn to imbuing it with elegance and beauty. He feels a slip of Amdapor vellum from the lost city will lend the former, and an Indigo pearl from Sastasha the latter. As ever, it would seem you will have to risk all if you are to reap the rewards...
※The Lost City of Amdapor and Sastasha (Hard) can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- After shedding no small amount of blood, sweat, and tears, you now grasp a piece of Amdapor vellum and an Indigo pearl. Make your way back to Revenant's Toll, where it is to be hoped far fewer perils await.
- All four ingredients now in his hands, Guiding Star thanks you for your tireless labor, and explains the next step: grinding the materials together to intermingle their powers. Alas, his puny mixing instruments are apparently incapable of withstanding the titanic forces which will be released in the process. Accordingly, he bids you find the only tools equal to the task: a perfect mortar and pestle, both of high quality.
※Certain ingredients required to craft these items can be obtained by desynthesizing aged goods sold at the Silver Bazaar.
- You hand the perfect tools to Guiding Star, who is nigh salivating at the prospect of using them. Though his thanks are as effusive as ever, you sense that yet another request is in the offing─and are swiftly proved right when the craftsman tasks you with two further acquisitions: a Bombard core to heat the compound, and a bottle of sacred spring water to cool it afterwards.
- All ingredients assembled, Guiding Star now sets to work crafting. Sweat streaming over a brow deeply furrowed with concentration, you watch as he grinds, hammers, heats, and cools. The result is zodium, a material of unsurpassed bonding perfect for recreating your arm of yore. Handing the material to you with a joyous laugh, the craftsman thanks you for giving him the chance to make something so wondrous, and prays the Builder Himself will give you success in remaking your arm of legend.
※If you have obtained all four items requested by Gerolt, you may return to Hyrstmill to have your Zodiac Weapon forged.