- After explaining your relic predicament, Adkin pronounces that he will craft a unique sphere scroll to win himself glory in Master Mutamix's eyes. He supposes that an ink distilled from the regal blood of four beings can contain the power of the materia you propose. The scholar bids you first slay “the king disfigured” in the Wanderer's Palace, and gather the blood it sheds.
※The Wanderer's Palace can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have procured a vial of tonberry king blood. Now present it to Adkin at the Bonfire.
- Adkin accepts the vial with untoward glee. Next, he asks you to obtain the blood of “the king imprisoned” in Copperbell Mines.
※Copperbell Mines (Hard) can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- The leader of the hecatoncheires is no more, and the vial of royal gigant blood is in your hands. Return now to the Bonfire and offer it to Adkin.
- Your latest prize now delivered to Adkin for distillation, the scholar now entreats you to drain the lifeblood of “the king unchained” on Hullbreaker Isle.
※Hullbreaker Isle can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have released the kraken soul from its body and kept its blood as your prize. Adkin no doubt eagerly awaits its delivery at the Bonfire.
- You give the vial of kraken blood to an excited Adkin. All that is left is to obtain the life force of “the king forgotten,” found within the Sunken Temple of Qarn where it is said to animate the very stone statues therein.
※The Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard) can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have obtained a vial of vicegerent blood. Return with it to Adkin at the Bonfire.
- After taking the last vial of blood, Adkin confidently promises he can concoct an ink of unparalleled aetherial conductivity for your sphere scroll. However, he lacks for a proper paper and the means to keep the ink adhered to it. Thus, he bids you procure and deliver a high-quality page of perfect vellum and a pinch of perfect pounce.
※Certain ingredients required to craft these items can be obtained by desynthesizing aged goods sold at the Silver Bazaar.
- Delivery of the requested goods seems to agitate Adkin, and he reveals his ink is lacking in the proper consistency and color. However, he also claims that it is complete but for a Bombard core to purify the blood, sacred spring water to suspend the distillation within, and furite sand found near Ishgardian castles to increase aetherial conductivity. Find and deliver all three.
- With every ingredient for both scroll and ink in hand, Adkin triumphantly fashions a Zodiac scroll. He gives it to you with a few words of encouragement on your quest to recreate a legendary arm, all the while crowing that his achievement will bring him all the closer to becoming Master Mutamix's favorite disciple.
※If you have obtained all four items requested by Gerolt, you may return to Hyrstmill to have your Zodiac Weapon forged.