- Adalberta has a mind to assign you a challenging commission.
- You learn that the guild has received an order for a quantity of high-purity wyvern obsidian, an extremely rare mineral. Conscious of the difficulty you are like to encounter in procuring it, Adalberta has accepted another miner's offer of assistance, and would have the two of you work together. Seek out the miner in question─one Wide Gulley─and discuss the task at hand.
- To your dismay, Wide Gulley greets you with open hostility. He has no intention of cooperating with you, and instead proposes a contest to see who can procure superior-quality wyvern obsidian. In light of your relative inexperience, Wide Gulley offers you all the time you require, and even suggests that you consult the client, Hrodger, should you require more information on the mineral.
- Hrodger tells you that deposits of wyvern obsidian have previously been discovered around Thal's Respite. In addition, he reveals that Wide Gulley is in fact Vice Foreman Deep Canyon's son, and a miner of tremendous talent in his own right. Armed with this information, procure fifteen chunks of the purest wyvern obsidian you can find, and deliver them to Wide Gulley.
- After examining the fruits of your labors, Wide Gulley grudgingly concedes that your wyvern obsidian is purer than his own. Brooking no argument, he tells you that he will deliver your haul to Hrodger, and bids you report back to the guildmaster.
- Adalberta is troubled to learn that Wide Gulley turned an already difficult task into a contest. Upon hearing that you bested him, however, her dismay swiftly gives way to astonishment. She proceeds to lavish you with praise, even confessing to a hint of envy, and encourages you to continue exceeding expectations.
- ※The next miner quest will be available from Adalberta upon reaching level 35.