- Having heard your honest opinion, Sanson has made up his mind on what to do with the journal bearing the Autumn War's sordid secret. Go with him to Guydelot, and hear his announcement with your brother bard.
- Sanson declares that he will surrender Gylbarde's journal to his superiors, but only on the condition that the truth is made known one day, when the people are ready to hear it. At that moment, a letter arrives from Nourval requesting to speak with you, and you alone. Although Guydelot is highly suspicious, Sanson chooses to believe that Nourval may in fact have something of import to discuss, and bids you meet him near the Percipient One in Dimwold.
- As you arrive at the rendezvous point, you are ambushed by masked men, and end up trading blows with them instead of words with Nourval. Hasten back to Castrum Oriens and inform your comrades what has happened.
- You return to the castrum to find Guydelot alone. It appears a second letter arrived shortly after you struck out, this time summoning Sanson, and it becomes apparent that he was Nourval's target all along. Follow Guydelot as he retraces Sanson's footsteps in the direction of the Percipient One.
- You find Sanson's notebook bearing a message written in blood. As feared, Nourval has taken your friend, and will soon make his price known. Return to Gridania and join Guydelot at the Adders' Nest, where he will petition the order's aid.
- Though Guydelot has reported the situation to his superiors, he holds on to Gylbarde's journal as insurance. While waiting to see how the order and Nourval will move, your comrade bids you rest up and conserve your strength, for it will surely be needed in the rescue mission to come.
- ※The next bard quest will be available from Guydelot upon reaching level 70.