- Meffrid, whom you first met in Quarrymill what feels like a lifetime ago, tells you of the twists and turns his life has taken since─how he dissolved his unit of Resistance fighters in Gridania and resolved to return to Gyr Abania and join Conrad's people in Rhaglr's Reach. Having subsequently risen to a position of responsibility, he has been tasked with finding new recruits, and wishes to pay a visit to the village of Ala Gannha─Lyse's birthplace. Upon learning of this, she insists that she be allowed to accompany you, and Meffrid sees no reason to deny her.
- After being informed of your purpose, the sentry guarding the tunnel to the Peaks quickly removes the barricade. Meffrid bids you lead the way.
- As the glamour obscuring the tunnel to the Peaks dissolves, you find yourselves standing in the ruins of an old temple. Your comrades pause to consider their surroundings, and a frown darkens Meffrid's brow.
- Lyse explains that the temple in whose shattered midst you now stand was razed not by the Garleans but by the mad king, Theodoric, in the chaos that preceded the imperial invasion. Noting the glamour which surrounds the ruins, Meffrid reminds you that there will be nothing to conceal your presence once you leave, and advises caution as you proceed east towards Ala Gannha.
- Far to the southeast, Lyse spies a colossal tower rivaling Castellum Velodyna. An unwelcome reminder of the Empire's suffocating presence, you make an effort to put it from your thoughts as you press on towards Ala Gannha.
- You arrive at the village of Ala Gannha at last, and outside its gates Meffrid explains why Conrad identified the settlement as a promising source of new recruits. Several youths hailing from Ala Gannha were said to have lost their lives at the Wall, and it is possible that others in the village may be sympathetic to the Resistance's cause. That said, openly broaching the subject would be unwise, given the risk of being overheard by imperial sympathizers.