- Before you and your comrades can settle upon a new course of action, Yugiri grows tense. Men in armor are approaching. She urges you and Lyse to come with her and find a place to hide.
- From the shadows of a building you observe as a squadron of soldiers marches into Namai, led by the selfsame pilus who threatened Tansui in the Ruby Sea. He tells the gathered people of the battle between Confederate and imperial forces in Isari, declaring it a brazen, unconscionable act that will not go unanswered. Announcing that some will be required to serve the Garleans in rudimentary support roles for an indeterminate period of time, the pilus prior begins to select villagers one by one, ending with Isse, the young man who implored you to leave Namai and never return. Powerless to intervene without endangering the lives of the villagers, you and your comrades can only watch as the soldiers depart with their hostages.
- After Yugiri convinces Lyse to return to the House of the Fierce to inform the others of this development, the ninja turns to you and states that you must hurry if you are to catch up to the soldiers.
- Calling a halt, Yugiri reminds you that for the sake of the villagers, you must make every effort to refrain from needless violence. To that end, she furnishes you with a blowgun and darts that you can use to put imperial soldiers to sleep. One stands alone on a hill to the south─an ideal opportunity for practice.
- The dart finds its mark, and the soldier crumples to the ground without a sound. Satisfied, Yugiri directs you to another vantage point from where you can take aim at the remaining soldiers in the unit.
- Soon the ground is littered with snoring soldiers, and your path is clear to cross the river and rejoin Yugiri northwest of Fluminis.
- Yugiri applauds your handiwork, and informs you that the soldiers in the nearby castrum remain unaware of your presence. Several guard the gate, and once more the ninja invites you to use your blowgun to incapacitate them while she stands watch for wayward patrols.
- The sentries are dispatched as easily as those before them. You put away your blowgun and descend the hill to rejoin your comrade.
- Free to advance, you and Yugiri approach the gates to Fluminis cautiously, uncertain what awaits you beyond the threshold...
- Joined by people taken from other nearby villages, the people of Namai listen in disbelief as the pilus tells them that they will be tasked with the repair and maintenance of arms and armaments, as well as magitek devices. Needless to say, it would take years before they perform such duties effectively, and it finally dawns on the gathered Domans that they have been effectively sentenced to a life of servitude. The pilus departs for the castle, leaving the villagers in the care of his subordinates. You must act quickly if you are to save them, for once they are transported to the facility on the distant shore, there is no escape...