- After hearing the tale of the heretic's memoirs, Arya has had a vivid dream about the long-dead murderer and the coffin-like prison within which Lilith was trapped. X'rhun decides that there is little to lose in confirming the details of Arya's vision, and suggests you accompany him to the Supreme Sacred Tribunal of Halonic Inquisitory Doctrine.
- Although X'rhun struggles in his negotiations to access the Tribunal archives, your status as Ishgard's savior soon wins over the sour-faced official. With little else to do whilst your mentor helps scour the records, you agree to meet Arya at the Last Vigil.
- As you and Arya are enjoying the view and discussing matters of existentialism, X'rhun arrives with the news that he has discovered the last known location of Lilith's prison─the description of which is eerily similar to the object in Arya's dream. Make your way into the Coerthas central highlands, and join your companions near the fiend-filled ravine of Witchdrop.
- You join X'rhun and Arya at the top of Witchdrop, and behold the voidsent lurking below. Descend into the ravine, and begin searching for the Mhachi coffin which brought you here.
- Your excavations in the snow uncover the object of your search, but a disembodied voice declares you unworthy to open the coffin. You suddenly come under attack, yet despite your victory the lid of the sinister box remains firmly closed. Return to X'rhun, and tell him of your discovery.
- You convey your findings to your red mage colleagues, and Arya offers to try her hand at opening the coffin. Head back to the unearthed object and lend Arya your support.
- Arya succeeds in opening the warded coffin, and from within emerges the sinuous form of the voidsent queen, Lilith. The undulating fiend claims to have schemed at Arya's conception for a thousand years, manipulating her blood-gifted ancestors into creating the perfect vessel for Lilith's earthly manifestation. Following this revelation, Lilith entrances her chosen host into approaching her, then both vanish without a trace. You are left to speak with a dumbfounded X'rhun.
- Though visibly shaken by the voidsent's sudden departure, X'rhun nevertheless holds out hope for your abducted companion. Return to Ishgard and discuss what can be done to rescue the unfortunate Arya.
- You arrive back in the Pillars, and X'rhun expresses his defiance in the face of voidsent-ordained destiny. Unwilling to abandon Arya to her fate, your mentor is determined to find her before Lilith can complete her ritual of possession. Focus your energies, and ensure you are prepared when the times comes to mount a rescue.
- ※The next red mage quest will be available from X'rhun Tia upon reaching level 70.