- Having heard of your desire to earn Lord Drillemont's trust, Haustefort proposes that you do so by helping him serve the knights of Whitebrim Front a decent meal. To that end, the cook asks you to bring him the meat of a mudpuppy's tail so that he can prepare steaks. He furnishes you with a bottle of cider vinegar, explaining that the locals believe it can be used to weaken the beasts-- though Haustefort himself has his doubts. In any case, travel to Daniffen Pass and attempt to use the vinegar to slay a mudpuppy.
- Local superstition appears to be accurate, as the ravenous mudpuppy falters mere moments after you sprinkle the cider vinegar upon it. Having slain the beast and severed a solid portion of its tail, return to Haustefort so he can prepare the steaks.
- Haustefort demonstrates an unbelievable level of skill by preparing three steaks mere moments after you deliver the meat. Dole out the fresh steaks to the hungry knights of Whitebrim Front.
- Every steak met with overwhelming approval. Return to Haustefort and tell him that you have finished your task.
- Haustefort has prepared one final steak for Cenota, a young chirurgeon whom he suspects is in need of proper nourishment. Deliver it to her in the infirmary.
- The odor of freshly cooked meat serves to remind Cenota of her neglected needs. She thanks you profusely and proceeds the devour the steak in moments, much to the chagrin of the disoriented patient who has suddenly found himself forgotten.