- Widargelt has asked that you come see him. He awaits you at Little Ala Mhigo in southern Thanalan.
- Widargelt explains to you how the war garb of a monk can strengthen the inner energy of the wearer and aid in opening the chakra. Though they are normally awarded only to those monks who pass prescribed trials, there is a set that was recently stolen. Widargelt is willing to gift these relics to you should you retrieve them. Two have been tracked to southern Thanalan, at the Sepulchre and the Circle of the Tempered, and the third to northern Thanalan, at the abandoned Amajina mythril mine.
- You have obtained the three stolen relics. Return to Little Ala Mhigo in southern Thanalan and speak with Widargelt.
- Widargelt tells you that the Fist of Rhalgr has tracked down the fourth stolen monk's relic. Travel to the Gods' Grip in lower La Noscea and track down the Qiqirn black market trader who has it.
- You have defeated the thugs summoned to put an end to your prying. Interrogate the Qiqirn trader to learn what he knows.
- You have gathered the fourth monk's relic. Return to Little Ala Mhigo and speak with Widargelt once more.
- Professor Erik has made a revolutionary discovery based on the aetherial data he has collected. Widargelt anticipates that his work will mark the emancipation of Ala Mhigo from Garlean rule. Return to the Goldsmiths' Guild in Ul'dah and speak with Erik about this new development.
- Erik intends to present his thesis to a conference of his academic peers upon its completion. Continue to travel the path of the monk until that day comes.
- ※The next monk quest will be available from Erik upon reaching level 50.