- According to Wiltwaek, the thieves have struck again, this time taking a number of Allagan artifacts from Saint Coinach's Find. During his escape, one of the robbers dropped a curious document: a map of Mor Dhona, covered in strange symbols. Wiltwaek thinks these are a code of some kind the gang uses to communicate. Understanding what they mean is crucial to the investigation, and so he bids you present the enciphered map to the realm's foremost expert on ciphers: Baderon, owner of the Drowning Wench in Limsa Lominsa.
- After casting an eye over the enciphered map, Baderon announces that it is not, in fact, enciphered at all. The symbols have no meaning, but serve to distract from the actual message on the paper. This is likely written in an invisible ink of some sort, the barkeep says. Return with this surprising interpretation to Wiltwaek in Revenant's Toll.
- Wiltwaek is impressed by Baderon's keen deduction, and asks Chanene to report that they too have learned something about the map. The paper is of no interest, but the symbols are penned in enchanted ink. After asking your expert opinion and learning that enchanted ink is used for arcanima, Chanene attempts to activate the arcane geometry. However, all she does is sense a strange stoppage on the map's face. Wiltwaek realizes this is precisely the point of the map─to direct the criminals to their target. Quick on her feet, Chanene proposes that you three create fake maps to lure the culprits out into the open. Wiltwaek agrees, and asks that you concoct three bottles of high-quality enchanted mythrite ink for the forgeries.
- Wiltwaek gratefully accepts the enchanted mythrite ink, and says he will set Chanene to work on the maps forthwith. He plans to draw the crooks to Saint Coinach's Find, where they will be easily visible amongst the researchers. Join him there, for you never know when an alchemist will come in handy.
- You find Wiltwaek and Chanene with a suspect already in custody─a young man who appears to have come from the Near East. However, upon closer inspection, Wiltwaek realizes his silence is not stubbornness, but rather forced. He suspects some foul potion or another is at play, and wonders aloud if the Near Eastern youth is a victim and not a criminal. As Chanene turns to leave, she suddenly notices a strange man watching you from the shadows. Wiltwaek calls to him, but the fellow simply wanders away. Perplexed, Wiltwaek says that the criminals are toying with dangerous powers, and asks that you lend your aid again when the need arises.
※The next alchemist quest will be available from Wiltwaek upon reaching level 55.