No Good Deed

Mainquest1 Icon.png Lv. 83   No Good Deed
Quest

Journal detail hr1 07.png Acquisition
Jullus: Garlemald - Regio Urbanissima - Forum Solius (x:29.8, y:9.9)

Map33 Icon.pngClosest Aetheryte: Tertium

Journal detail hr1 08.png Requirements
071201.png83His Park MaterialsMainquest1 Icon.png His Park Materials (Level 83)

Spacer2.png Any Disciple of War or Magic (excluding limited jobs) (Level 83)

Journal detail hr1 03.png Rewards

468,600
Experience Points



1,038
Gil
Edit No Good Deed's Miscellaneous Reward
Journal detail hr1 04.png Description
Now that the fire has burned out, Jullus is ready to move on.
Journal detail hr1 01.png Objectives
  • Speak with Jullus.
  • Use a Ist Legion incendiary #37 on the destroyed magitek armor to retrieve a ceruleum tank.
  • Deliver the warmachina ceruleum tank to Jullus.
  • Wait at the designated location.
  • Speak with Jullus.
Journal detail hr1 02.png Unlocks Quests
071201.png83Alea Iacta EstMainquest1 Icon.png Alea Iacta Est (Level 83)

Journal detail hr1 08.png Items Involved
Ist Legion Incendiary 37
Warmachina Ceruleum Tank
Journal detail hr1 07.png NPCs Involved
MainIcon7.png
Maps
JullusAlisaieAlphinaudMarcellinusThancred1st Legion SoldierQuintus
 
Journal detail hr1 08.png Objects Involved
Destroyed Magitek Armor, Destination
 

  • Now that the fire has burned out, Jullus is ready to move on.

Edit No Good Deed's Dialogue
All right, now that you've recovered from your escapades in the pond, there's another location I'd like to search, just outside the park.
Quest Accepted


Everything was built on an enormous scale, and with thick, cleanly cut stone─much like Amaurot. Given what we now know, such similarities are no coincidence.
The warmachina appears to be patrolling the area of its own volition. I wonder whether it is simply following its original orders, or if it now serves the Telophoroi...
As you can see, this place is littered with the remnants of various types of warmachina.

While my comrades and I have already recovered the tanks from the less-damaged units, those that took a more severe beating are harder to scavenge. We decided to save those for another time─that time being now.


Rather than prise them apart, piece by piece, it would be quicker to remove the outer casing using compact explosives. With luck, we'll gain access to the tanks without rupturing them.


Though the force generated by these devices is relatively weak, I would advise you stand well clear to avoid being hit by any shrapnel.


Before even bothering, though, you should check the machina's ceruleum gauge to see if there is any left. It should still provide an accurate reading even when the unit itself is inactive.


If the gauge is broken... I'll let you decide whether to use an explosive or not. Should you need more, come to me.
Understood. Let's get to work.
You still have the explosives I gave you, yes?

Remember to check the ceruleum gauge before attempting to remove the outer casing.


If the gauge has been damaged and you can't determine if there's any fuel left to recover, use your best judgment.
System
The ceruleum gauge on this unit appears to have been broken, giving you no way to determine how much fuel its tank may hold...
System
According to the ceruleum gauge, this unit's fuel tank is empty.
System
After successfully removing the warmachina's outer casing and retrieving the ceruleum tank, you find it to be completely empty...
System
You need to ask Jullus for more explosives.
Need some more? Here.

I've a fair amount of explosives to spare today, but tomorrow is another story. We can't afford to waste them on units with nothing to offer, so be sure to check the gauge first.


Of course, if the gauge is damaged, it's up to you to make the call.
More explosives? ...Wait, is that what I think it is?
You've done it again! Truly, luck is on your side.

With this, we should be able to refuel quite a few of our heaters.


It's time we headed back. Wait here while I go and see how Alisaie and Alphinaud are faring.
Player7 Icon.png Voiced cutscene start.
Finally escaped the watchful gaze of your keepers, have we?

Don't react. You'll only draw attention to yourself. Just carry on as you are and listen.


After you left with the Garlean lad, Lucia bade a few of us scouts follow you at a discreet distance.


We observed you being led into the station, but decided against venturing inside.


When you emerged some time later, and we saw that the twins were sporting magitek collars, it was clear what had taken place.


Now, as quietly as you can, tell me everything.


The legatus himself, eh? Now there's a surprise.


This is also the first I've heard of a plan to join forces with the Xth and storm the Tower of Babil.


An interesting development...and perhaps the opportunity we've been waiting for.


Our comrades back at the camp also received some rather promising news, but it's still too early to get our hopes up.


For now, keeping yourselves out of harm's way comes before all else. Whatever demands the Garleans make, indulge them.


With luck, this will all be over soon. Until then.
They had not gone far.
We searched high and low, but no luck, I'm afraid. I might've guessed you'd be the only one to find anything.
I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Eventually, there will be nothing left out here for us to safely salvage.
For now, this will have to suffice. We should return to the station.
Ah, there you are. Heard you'd gone hunting for ceruleum above ground.
Brought back a king's ransom?
Hardly. But thanks to these three, we have enough to last a little while longer.
Well, well. It's not at all what I was expecting, these ones. For savages, they seem positively docile.
Ah, it's a poor attempt at humor. In all honesty, I'm grateful for your efforts. But even with another night of warmth, there are those among us who may not live to see the morrow...
I trust your expedition was fruitful.
Lord Quintus!
Use what you procured to refuel the armor.
But sir, what about the heaters for the camp?
The time for action is upon us.
My men and I have matters to discuss. In the meantime, you are to wait here. Do not forget─you are being watched.
"The time for action"... What did he mean by that?
I can only speculate. Clearly something requiring their magitek, given what we just heard. Whether they plan to utilize it now or after they join with the Xth is another question...
Will they ever escape this cold? Return to and reclaim the idyllic spaces of which Jullus spoke...?
Finished your war council?
Alphinaud and Alisaie are to stay here...as your prisoners. They will be released once your comrades have relinquished their supplies and withdrawn from Garlean soil.
Until our terms are met, they will be detained at a separate location.
After everything we've said and done, this is how you treat us!?
Our allies have but limited supplies. They may stave off cold and starvation for a short while, but what then!?
(- Thancred -)
For now, keeping yourselves out of harm's way comes before all else. Whatever demands the Garleans make, indulge them.
What will you say?
Do as he says. Everything will be all right. Have faith.
Get them out of here.
Player7 Icon.png Voiced cutscene end.
Alphinaud and Alisaie will be fine...providing they do not resist.
Why are you here? To laugh at our misfortune!?
Quest Completed

Edit No Good Deed's Miscellaneous Reward

 Add Image