- Nayoshi declares that he will be departing from the village immediately. He would, however, like to give you one final gift and asks that you meet him at your usual spot by the boulders shortly.
- Your conversation with Nayoshi is derailed by the distant cries of the villagers. From the snatches you are able to catch, you surmise ill has befallen Koruri. Nayoshi, hearing this, rushes off. You best follow him.
- You catch up to Nayoshi who is standing outside of a hut in which Koruri is receiving treatment. According to one of the other villagers, the young girl nearly drowned and is currently in critical condition. Her body temperature is dropping fast, but the fire they made is not near hot enough to warm her. Nayoshi, however, has a solution: he will catch another fatty hooked bombfish and throw it in the fire. He, of course, will need you to accompany him to kill the beast he fishes from the sea.
- You quickly dispatch of the hooked bombfish Nayoshi reels in and the two of you now have a greasy corpse with which to feed the fire. Speak with Nayoshi to see what he would have you do next.
- Nayoshi is overjoyed by your victory over the bombfish but wastes no time celebrating. He would have you hurry back with him to the hut and deliver the corpse to the villagers tending the fires that will save Koruri.
- You deliver the bombfish corpse to the girl outside the hut. She is convinced the layers of fat in its body will give life to the fires, and thanks you and Nayoshi for your services.
- Koruri has awoken, but it does little to assuage Nayoshi's feelings of guilt. He declares again─this time to the entire village─that he shall be departing from Isari for good. One of the elders, however, stops him. He believes Nayoshi's ability to catch hooked bombfish may be the key to reviving torch fishing and restoring the small fishing community to its former glory. It seems Nayoshi's dreams have come true: he can finally take up his fishing rod, and be lauded as Isari's greatest fisherman.