- Y'mhitra directs your attention to Principia, and the toothy familiar announces you ready to undertake the second challenge. Finding herself stumped by the trial's requirement for additional summoners, Y'mhitra is forced to accept Dancing Wolf's proposal to cooperate with his regiment's new summoners-in-training. Travel to Camp Blue Fog in northern Thanalan, and report to the Flame Captain.
- After Principia explains the second challenge and its focus on skill, Dancing Wolf introduces you to his cadre of neophyte summoners. Prepare yourself to battle the acolytes' egi, then approach Summoner Crispin to begin the trial.
- You have overcome the pair of Ifrit-egi summoned by Crispin and Denise. Approach Summoner Jajasamu, and proceed to the next step of the challenge.
- You have triumphed over the formidable Ifrit-egi summoned by Jajasamu. Speak with the lieutenant once more, and prepare to face your final opponent.
- You have claimed victory over Jajasamu's Titan-egi. With no aetherial entities left to send against you, the novice summoners look on expectantly as Dancing Wolf waits to congratulate you.
- Principia declares your attempt at the second challenge a resounding success. Your opponents accept their defeat with good-natured grace, and seem eager to resume their training. Bidding them farewell, you turn to follow Y'mhitra back to Apkallu Falls.
- Upon returning to Gridania, Principia continues its lecture on the history of Allagan summoning and shares the accomplishments of its creator. Y'mhitra seems more determined than ever to see you earn the master summoner's long-lost wisdom, and urges you to prepare for the familiar's final challenge.
- ※The next summoner quest will be available from Y'mhitra upon reaching level 65.