Glamours allow players to alter the appearance of gear to resemble other gear of similar form and function. All visible gear including main arms, shields, armor, earrings, and rings can be altered.
To unlock glamours, players must first complete the following quest. Upon completion, the action Cast Glamour will appear under General Actions in the Actions and Traits interface.
- Quest Name: A Self-improving Man
- Required Level: 50
- Issuing NPC: Wiscard
- Location: Mor Dhona (X:22, Y:6)
Preparing to Use Glamours
To cast a glamour, you must possess the following items:
- The gear whose appearance you wish to alter (the base item).
- The gear whose appearance you wish to project (the projected item).
- The corresponding glamour prism.
The required glamour prism will depend on the crafting class that can repair it:
- Example: Glamour Prism (Alchemy).
- Example: Glamour Prism (Clothcraft).
- Example: Glamour Prism (Leatherworking).
- Example: Glamour Prism (Smithing).
- Example: Glamour Prism (Armorcraft).
- Each crafting class must use a unique set of glamour prisms.
First, ensure that you are in possession of the gear whose appearance you wish to alter (the base item), the gear whose appearance you wish to project (the projected item), and the corresponding glamour prism. Select the base item, then choose Cast Glamour from the subcommand menu.
- The glamour prism will be consumed upon use, but no gear will be lost in the process.
- It is not required to dispel existing glamours from a piece of gear before casting a different glamour.
- Glamoured gear will display a plus icon and the names of both the base item and the projected item will be visible upon inspection.
- Gear used to cast glamours will be bound upon use of a glamour prism.
Glamours may be cast with any items that meet the following conditions:
- The base and projected items are of the same type (hands, feet, etc.).
- The equipment level of the projected item is equal to or lower than the base item.
- The base item and projected item are equippable by the same class or job.
- The base item and projected item are equippable by the same gender or race.
For gear occupying more than one gear slot, one the following conditions must be met in addition to the above:
- The base item and projected item occupy the same number of gear slots.
- All of the projected item's gear slots fall within the base item's gear slots.
- If your current class cannot equip the projected item (e.g. Blacksmith's Goggles), the base item will be displayed instead (e.g. Artisan's Spectacles).
- Glamours may be temporarily disabled in PvP arenas and other unique areas.
Crafting Glamour Prisms
Each crafting class must use its respective master recipe book in order to craft glamour prisms.
- Only level 50 crafters can use master recipe books.
- There is no master recipe book of glamours available for Culinarian.
After completing the quest Submission Impossible, players will be able to purchase master recipe books, as well as the clear prisms needed to craft glamour prisms.
Clear prisms may be purchased from the following NPCs:
- Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (X:9, Y:11) - Bango Zango
- New Gridania (X:11, Y:11) - Maisenta
- Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:10, Y:9) - Roarich
When in possession of a glamour dispeller, the Remove option will be available in the Cast Glamour interface.
- The glamour dispeller will be consumed upon use.
- Glamour dispellers may be purchased from the prism vendors above.