- Lord Haurchefant has received a report that Lord Francel and several knights were seen heading towards the Steel Vigil, an outpost which was overrun by the Dravanian Horde long ago. Uncertain what has motivated this dangerous excursion, Lord Haurchefant bids you travel to the ruined outpost, search for Lord Francel, and offer him succor if necessary.
- You come upon Lord Francel mere moments before he is slain by a Dravanian minion, which you dispatch with your usual heroic flair. Thanking you for your timely intervention, Lord Francel begs you to search the surroundings for his three knights, whom he has not seen since the beast attacked.
- After a cursory search, you find all three knights, none of whom appear to be mortally wounded. Return to Lord Francel and tell him that his knights are well.
- Lord Francel thanks you for attending to his knights, and explains that their expedition was a foolhardy attempt to improve the reputation of House Haillenarte, which has suffered greatly since the loss of the Steel Vigil and the recent accusations of heresy. Though you have saved his life today, he explains that he will soon have no choice but to accept the judgement of the inquisitors... whatever it may be. Return to Lord Haurchefant and tell him of all that has transpired.
- Lord Haurchefant thanks you for saving Lord Francel's life, and is pleased to inform you that a witness to the final flight of the Enterprise has been found. Unfortunately, your past visit to Skyfire Locks has become common knowledge, and the witness is reluctant to assist a foreigner who may have been consorting with an accused heretic. Lord Haurchefant concludes that if you wish to obtain the witness's testimony, you will first need to clear Lord Francel's name.