- It transpires that Woolnix's friend is taking longer to gather junk in the Answering Quarter than anticipated. Woolnix himself has grown more worried with every passing bell, and, given that you are there to help, bids that you seek out his comrade.
- You speak to the startled goblin, and learn that he was set upon by some mysterious fiend whilst hunting for junk. See what attacked him, and defeat them if necessary.
- You walk up the steps, and are greeted by the sight of two Sharlayan mammets, presumably left behind to deter intruders. Though they attack, you repel them with ease, and ensure they will no more trouble travelers. Return to Woolnix's friend, and give him the news.
- The goblin is much relieved to learn he will no longer fall under attack from the mammets. He says he will finish his junk hunting, and then return to the Cenotaph. Make your way back there, and give your full report to Woolnix.
- Woolnix breathes a sigh of relief upon hearing your tidings, and thanks you for aiding him and his friend.