- Blanstyr seems pleased with his improvement since his previous failure. Even as Master Fugetsu inquires as to your own progress, however, your conversation is interrupted by the entrance of a bustling Gyosei who is soon to depart for distant lands. Seizing the opportunity, Blanstyr offers to forge the samurai a set of armor by way of an apology for his past behavior. Meet your fellow artisan outside Kokajiya, and discuss what might make a suitable gift.
- Blanstyr decides that Gyosei's armor will be a blend of Eorzean and Hingan styles, and bids you forge the largest piece: a Lominsan hara-ate. Speak with Unryu and procure the necessary materials.
- Unryu hands over the supplies you need. Deliver your finished work to Blanstyr when the hara-ate is complete.
- ※In the event that synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Unryu.
- You hand your completed hara-ate to Blanstyr, and he puts it together with the rest of the armor. Head inside Kokajiya, and stand with Blanstyr as he presents the set to Gyosei.
- Gyosei eagerly accepts the armor from Blanstyr. He returns a moment later in full battle gear, clearly moved by the gift's fine quality and personal touches. The samurai then hurriedly departs for his new appointment in high spirits, much to the satisfaction of the assembled armorers. Blanstyr, too, makes to depart, feeling that he has finally achieved what he set out to learn, but is stopped by Master Fugetsu. Fascinated by the possibilities of Lominsan plate techniques, it seems Kokajiya's head armorer would now become the apprentice. Blanstyr elects to stay in Kugane, and sends you back to Limsa Lominsa to explain this development to H'naanza.
- H'naanza listens to your report with reluctant approval. She explains that while Blanstyr's absence will be felt in the short term, the creative stimulation his new methods will bring upon his return will be of great benefit to the guild. The forgemaster seems envious of the success of your journey, and vows to make her own study of Far Eastern armorsmithing techniques.