- Concerned that his crew's mechanical engineer has not returned from his task of gathering engine component materials, Sezul looks to you to locate the missing Ixal. Make your way south and search Alder Springs for Bozol Edual the Exact.
- You find the missing Bozol Edual in Alder Springs, the exhausted Ixal cradling what appears to be a broken arm. No sooner has Bozol warned you to leave, however, when his tormentors─a group of Ixal from the logging grounds─appear to further threaten and taunt him. Wary of your presence, perhaps, the fanatics withdraw after pronouncing an ominous ultimatum. Speak with Bozol, and listen to the unfortunate engineer's tale.
- After explaining that his injury has rendered him unable to complete his task, Bozol requests that you craft the engine component in his stead. Visit the crafting facility at Treespeak Stables, and present the component materials to Nellemond.
- You have handed over the component materials to Nellemond, and gained access to the crafting facility. Synthesize a high-quality propulsion engine component, and deliver it to Sezul Totoloc at Ehcatl. ※In the event that the status Facility Access: Finishing wears off or the synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Nellemond.
- You have delivered the propulsion engine component to Sezul. The Ehcatl Nine leader is thankful for your efforts, but laments the delay caused by his chief designer's injury. Upon hearing of this predicament, Tataramu offers to shoulder Bozol's duties, and convinces Sezul that his dedication to the project is genuine. Sezul accepts both you and Tataramu as official members of his crew, and exhorts you to continue working towards the completion of the Dezul Qualan.