- Marcel informs you that Mistress Serendipity has taken a great interest in your project, and has arranged for you to meet with a renowned artisan known for creating musical instruments of peerless appearance and unparalleled clarity of sound. Return to the Goldsmiths' Guild, where the visitor awaits, and speak with the guildmaster.
- The traveler Serendipity would introduce you to is none other than her own master, the legendary goldsmith Colbernoux. At the guildmaster's behest, he has agreed to share with you his wisdom regarding the music boxes you have been commissioned to create. Speak with the master and soak in the knowledge he would bequeath to you.
- Speaking to Master Colbernoux, you learn that the material─hardsilver─from which you intend to fashion the teeth of your music box is the same that he used to create his greatest masterpiece so many years ago. He shares with you the knowledge that peerless clarity of sound can be achieved by pairing the hardsilver with an aurum regis cylinder─an item that, coincidentally, Serendipity requires for the upkeep of her favorite mammet. Kill two birds with one stone by fashioning a cylinder for practice and delivering it to the guildmaster.
- The aurum regis cylinder you fashioned was of such impeccable quality that it has the ever-irascible Gigi singing a new tune. Looking on in amusement, Master Colbernoux judges you more than worthy of carrying on the legacy of his forebears and crafting music boxes worthy of his muse. Report back to Marcel and tell him that your preparations are complete.
- Marcel is overjoyed to hear of all that has transpired, if somewhat jealous that he missed out on meeting Master Colbernoux. With this, your preparations are all but complete, and all that remains is to continue to hone your skills as your clients' anniversary day draws near.
※The next goldsmith quest will be available from Marcel upon reaching level 60.