This quest is 'Obsolete' and has either been replaced with another quest or removed from the game entirely.
Obsolete Quest Walkthrough
- At the end of the previous main quest it was suggested you go to Ul'dah to the Merchant Wards.
- Go to Ul'dah to the Merchant Wards (same teleport entrance as the Ul'dah Market Wards. (You will be in a location called the Waking Sands, which is the headquarters of the Path of the Twelve.
- Head to the door at the end and use the menu to enter.
- Speak to Minfilia.
- Go talk to NPCs if you choose, or otherwise talk to Minfilia again.
- Agree (or not) to be a Walker. (Choosing "No" will not change anything and you will be asked again to join.)
- If you agree, go speak to the npc at the entrance of the Merchant Wards, Tataru, to have your name entered in the register.
- Tataru wants you to choose an adventuring Path Companion Pick a class to view. Four random npcs of that class will be shown. If you do not like any of the four, simply choose your class again and you will get new npcs to choose from. The race/gender of your companion will dictate their personality (as detailed on the Path Companion page).
- You will be given a new npc linkpearl and told to wait for Minfilia's decision on your choice.
- In order to trigger the NPC Linkpearl you need to go back to the Adventurers' Guild*.
- Tataru will tell you that Minfilia has made her decision.
- Return to the Merchants Ward in Ul'dah.
- Speak to Tataru.
- Speak to your new companion and choose a nickname.
- Your companion will suggest meeting at The Quicksand.
- Go to The Quicksand and speak to Momodi.
- Chat to your companion and accept the option to begin your adventure. (Choosing "No" still completes the quest with no known repercussions.)
- Receive your reward and quest ends.
*You can go to the Ul'dah adventure's guild and it will activate the pearl as soon as you enter the room.
SPOILER WARNING: Click here for additional details about this story line.