- Bethric has caught the scent of something fragrant coming from your general direction.
- Through his unusually keen sense of smell, Bethric deduces that you are an artisan. Veterinarian and overseer of the Facet of Nourishing, you find him readying to visit one of his patients─a sickly amaro near the Amaro Launch. He invites you to follow and see his work firsthand.
- Bethric's patient is on a swift road to recovery. As he explains it, this particular amaro is by far the most kind-hearted of those he has treated and enjoys to be pet. In fact, he insists that you indulge the amaro's desire for affection and see for yourself.
- The injured amaro's mild reaction to your petting leaves Bethric in awe. He is all but convinced of your talent for caregiving, leading to a rather unsettling proclamation of his love for amaro. Before he can expound further on his passion, however, a member of the city guard appears with urgent news: a wild amaro has been brought in, and they fear it has been poisoned. Bethric makes for Temenos Rookery without a second thought.
- You follow Bethric to the rookery to find an amaro badly injured and struggling to breathe. According to the city guard, it was attacked by poachers who intended to cut out its tongue. Though spared an untimely demise, Bethric confirms that it was indeed poisoned. If the amaro is to be saved, there is no time to waste, and Bethric would call upon your talents as an artisan to see the task done. To that end, he bids you return with him to the Crystalline Mean.
- Although Bethric has identified the poison that must be counteracted, his examination of the amaro has given him cause for concern. He has been charged with treating not a common grey-tailed amaro, but a Berube skipper, thought to be extinct since the Flood. Such a rare breed of amaro warrants the utmost caution, which is why Bethric entrusts you with fashioning the antidote.