- Hervoix, a freshly arrived hunter to the bustling Tailfeather, has received the unenviable task of having to kill one of the many beasts that prey on the forest's chocobos. Claiming that hunters have no business slaying bothersome pests, he instead plans to bestow a purse of gil to any adventurer willing to do his work for him─and you eagerly accept the offer. Head to the highlands near the southeast camp and rid the forest of three chocobo legtraps.
- The chocobo legtraps will no longer be bothering any chocobos, or lazy and irresponsible chocobo hunters. Bring Hervoix the good news that he will no longer have to worry about doing his assigned duties.
- After reporting to Hervoix, it becomes apparent that he intends to take all the credit for your slaughter of the chocobo legtraps. He promises to reward you after giving the report to his chief. Just to make sure, follow him and speak to O'bhen Tia to hear Hervoix's clever retelling of the truth.
- You come upon Hervoix while he is in the midst of giving his report, and he quickly tries to gloss over your request for a reward. His chief decides to give him the benefit of the doubt, assigning him a series of new tasks that include everything besides hunting. Hervoix reluctantly accepts this new work and sulks back to his post at Tailfeather. Now that he is out of earshot from his chief, try asking him once again for your promised reward.
- Hervoix complains about his tasks loudly, but seems resigned to his fate. At last, he gives you your reward, but it seems he still has more gil to give away, and more jobs to be done...