- A man of Isari has been waiting patiently for his daughter to return from Kugane, but can stand it no longer. Fearing the worst, he asks you to go and search for her along the shore of Sakazuki.
※Please note that the difficulty of this quest has been synced to your current level. Furthermore, you may not proceed with a class or job that is different from when you accepted this quest.
- You find a young maiden along the shore in the company of a Blue Kojin with two Red Kojin fallen at their feet. Mistaking you for a threat, the Blue Kojin prepares to fight, but soon lowers his blade as you explain why you have come. The maiden before you is, in fact, Shihoumi, and she tells of the Blue Kojin's daring rescue. Though gravely injured, he soon runs off to retrieve Shihoumi's stolen cargo from the Red Kojin. She begs you to save him from this fool's errand before it is too late.
- The Blue Kojin is badly bruised and surrounded by his Red brothers, but you quickly put an end to their assault. With the Red Kojin defeated, you tend to the fallen Blue Kojin's wounds.
- You and the Blue Kojin named Kabuto are soon joined by Shihoumi, who wishes to thank you both for your help. Kabuto, however, insists that he be the one to reward you, given that you saved his life. Nevertheless, the girl insists that he accept a gift─an item of his choosing from among her wares─and Kabuto relents, settling upon a doll crafted in the likeness of a Kojin. He then invites you to Tamamizu, where he might present to you a token of his gratitude.
- You meet with Kabuto at Tamamizu and are taken to their newly created treasure vault. His plans to thank you are soon halted when the Kojin find themselves in the presence of a kami. The divine spirit, who prefers to be addressed as Tsukumo, declares Kabuto the leader of a group known as the Divine Circle, whose mission is to traverse the realm in search of treasures to fill their vault. Moreover, you have been named his first recruit. Never one to decline a call to action, you prepare yourself for adventures both wondrous and perilous.