- Sagar tells you of Berehta, a kind and caring woman of Coldhearth who seems oddly troubled of late. She refuses to speak with anyone, but she has always been fond of travelers. He asks you to speak with her in the hopes of getting her to open up.
- Berehta has been thinking about her son, Erart, a young man of twenty summers who fled the village to avoid conscription by the Garleans. With the threat of the imperials gone, however, she is hoping he will someday return. Daunted by the dangers of the world outside Coldhearth, she asks you to inquire after him in her stead. She suggests stopping in Radiata, where he likely passed through on his escape to freedom.
- You speak with the people of Radiata, and while most cannot recall meeting a man named Erart, the trail is not yet cold. One villager is fairly certain a man by the name Godafre will know who you are looking for.
- Godafre indeed knows Erart. In fact, he helped hide him from the soldiers who came to Radiata in pursuit of him. Godafre goes on to say he and an acquaintance smuggled him north past Specula Imperatoris, but he knows not what happened next. With no other information to be had, you return to Coldhearth to let Berehta know her son seems to have fled to safety.
- Relief is clear on Berehta's face when you relay to her what you learned of Erart. Though she is gladdened to hear he is safe, she cannot deny that she misses him.