- Gyoshin is on the point of relaying another dire warning imparted by his ancestor when Seigetsu the Enlightened, having detected a familiar pattern, interjects to hasten matters along. He recommends that Gyoshin look into the Xaela's traditions, which may have been influenced by those of the Namazu long ago, for clues as to what vital element might be missing from the festival. Gyoshin, however, refuses to go without your protection, lest the Xaela get any ideas about their evening meal.
- You and Gyoshin speak to Cirina. She is more than willing to share information regarding her tribe's horse-racing customs with you, though the growling of her stomach is somewhat distracting. Perhaps sensing the intent behind her hungry stare, Gyoshin thanks her and asks that you set off for your next destination, the Dawn Throne, immediately.
- You speak with Magnai, who gives a brief overview of the Oronir's Azim Bökh wrestling competitions. In his usual contemptuous tone, he adds that a Namazu would likely make a poor opponent, but Gyoshin seems undeterred─if somewhat miffed at being deemed “malformed.”
- Your final stop is Dotharl Khaa, where Sadu─apparently laboring under the delusion that Gyoshin is some sort of small and round khun chuluu─speaks of the Dotharl's customary archery contests. Satisfied with the information you have gained, Gyoshin proposes you return to Dhoro Iloh to apply your newfound knowledge.
- Based on what the Xaela said of their own traditions, the Namazu conclude that a proper festival must include fins-on activities for attendees. Without sparing a thought for such seemingly vital questions as, “Is it possible to pull a bow without getting one's whiskers tangled in the string?” and “Are horses not a bit high off the ground?” the Namazu decide to copy the three Xaela tribes' competitions wholesale. You have been tasked with preparing for the archery contest together with Gyoshin.
- Once all materials for the ceremonial bow and arrows are assembled, Gyoshin excitedly reveals what he has been working on in the meantime─a target. Unfortunately, said target cannot stand on its own, so Gyoshin is volunteered to hold it. You will be in charge of aiming accurately enough not to impale him.
- Accepting the bow and arrows from Gyorei, you take aim at the target, and fortunately manage not to cause anyone permanent injury.
- The successful archery demonstration gives heart to the festival participants, and in no time at all, the archery, Azim Bökh, and equestrian competitions are open to the public. With several Xaela now on site, the festival grounds are poised to become a venue for cultural exchange.