- After hearing that you wish to be of help to Ala Gannha, Raganfrid suggests you may want to make the acquaintance of a friend. He speaks of a man named Sayer, one of the town's former quarriers, and the only one that has shown any real desire to revive the flagging industry. Raganfrid points you in his friend's direction and you head off to hear what he has to say.
- The locals hurl strings of abuse at Sayer as he tries to plead his cause, eventually electing to leave him on his own. It soon becomes clear that he wishes to revitalize the quarry in order to bring prosperity back to the village. However, the lack of support Sayer has becomes abundantly obvious when you witness that even his own granddaughter does not believe in his dream.
- Upon speaking with Sayer you learn that the quarry has become overrun with beasts, effectively making it unapproachable. Steadfast in his belief that the village would rally behind him if the quarry was free of danger, he asks you to expel the beasts from the area. You are instructed to bring back two urolith soulstones as proof that you have completed the task.
- You successfully rid the quarry of the urolith threat and get your hands on the requested soulstones. All that remains now is to present them to Sayer.
- Sayer remarks that he is glad to see you returned, but even gladder that you have brought the urolith soulstones with you. However, it yet remains to be seen if this alone will be enough to persuade the villagers to lend an ear to the old man's cause.