- Cid looks calmer for having reached a malmstone in the investigation.
- Your party sets off for Rhalgr's Reach in high spirits, eager to recount recent events and enjoy a well-earned rest.
- Back at the workshop, Cid receives a dressing down from Jessie for acting without due consultation and placing himself in mortal danger. The exasperated engineer subsequently notes the absence of Biggs and Wedge, who have apparently failed to return from their mission to Omega Control. Fearing that they may have encountered trouble, Cid resolves to look for them, and bids you join him at the airship landing in Gridania, where the Excelsior awaits.
- Upon landing at the Carteneau Flats, Cid urges you to hurry on ahead to Omega Control while he moors the Excelsior.
- ※In the event that you leave Omega Control, you may re-enter by speaking with Cid at the Gridania airship landing.
- Entering the control room, you are dismayed to find Biggs and Wedge sprawled on the floor, a slain fiend beside them. For a blessing, both are still alive, albeit in a bad way. The others soon join you, as does Omega via its communication system. It reveals that it was behind the attempt on the two engineers' lives, and threatens to kill innocent people unless you continue to participate in its experiment. Its objective: to study an anomaly known as heroes. Throughout history, it explains, otherwise unremarkable individuals have triumphed over vastly superior beings, just as you did in the Deltascape. Declaring itself "an enemy to all life upon this star," Omega finally falls silent, leaving you to attend to your wounded friends.
- Back at the airship landing in Gridania, Nero informs you that Biggs and Wedge have been placed in the care of the healers at the Conjurers' Guild. After declaring his intent to visit them, he bids you make for Rhalgr's Reach to apprise Jessie of all that has occurred.
- Jessie is predictably shocked to hear the tidings from Carteneau. Though Biggs and Wedge will recover, Omega's threat looms large, and with little prospect of repairing its stasis system, Cid concludes that you have no choice but to obey its commands. Before long, you will be called to battle once more, and you fully intend to be ready.