- Saro Roggo is disappointed to learn that the brooms did not know what his mistress desires. However, he is not willing to give up. He reveals to you that Matoya secretly has one more broom outside of her cave, and he has reason to believe that it possesses knowledge that the others do not. He bids you speak with the brooms in the cave once more, that you might learn the incantation by which their mysterious fellow may be summoned. Begin by consulting the straightforward broom.
- Though the straightforward broom is unaware of an incantation, he knows the broom you seek. She is apparently his sister, born of the same wood. He recommends you speak with his brothers, who may have chanced to meet her recently. Approach the statuesque broom and ask him what he knows.
- The statuesque broom reveals to you that the incantation is the name of that which is dearest to Matoya. Unfortunately, he does not know what that thing is. He suggests you speak with his brothers in case they have the answer. Seek out the self-possessed broom and ask him what he knows.
- The self-possessed broom is uncertain as to what is dearest to Matoya. However, he seems abundantly confident that she hates Y'shtola above all else. Whether or not you agree, bear your findings back to Saro Roggo and share them with him.
- Saro Roggo is at a loss for what the incantation might be. Desperate as he is, he bids you go to the bridge to the east, where you are to try calling out the names of various things. Use your powers of deduction to ascertain the incantation, and with the chat mode in Say, enter the word to summon the mystery broom at your destination.
- No sooner do you speak the correct incantation than a sweeping noise emanates from nearby. Search the area thoroughly for a broom.
- Peering behind the steps of the bridge, you find the serendipitous broom sweeping away. You are touched to learn that the knowledge it possesses is none other than all of Matoya's memories pertaining to Y'shtola─from the time she first became her pupil, to the time she left to make her own way in the world. Return to Matoya's Cave and report your discovery to Saro Roggo.
- You relate to Saro Roggo the details of your encounter with the serendipitous broom. Having exhausted all avenues to learn his mistress's desires, he despairs of ever becoming useful to her.