- After Cid describes the nature of your next opponent, Nero presents you with a new invention designed to aid in its defeat─the Chocobo Brush. Though he leaves you none the wiser about how it actually works, you gather that the brush will allow you to directly influence the world in which you find yourself. Speak with the waiting Alpha to begin the next stage of Omega's experiment.
- ※In the event that you leave the Interdimensional Rift, you may re-enter by speaking with the Ironworks hand at the Yawn.
- Alpha stands ready to enter the Sigmascape with you. Keep a tight grip on the Chocobo Brush, and prepare to battle the haunting Chadarnook!
- ※Sigmascape V2.0 can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have defeated the possessed painting. Return to the Interdimensional Rift and speak with Cid.
- You recount your victory to your waiting companions, and Nero appears particularly pleased with the efficacy of his invention. He is in the midst of warning you about the brush's decidedly limited range of alternative applications when Cid receives a linkpearl communication from Jessie. It seems that Biggs and Wedge have slipped away from their sickbeds, intent on returning to the Yawn...
- Outside the rift once more, you meet with an anxious Biggs and Wedge. Cid reassures them that, despite some minor difficulties, you have managed to overcome each of Omega's challenges thus far. The two engineers duly pledge their unswerving support, and you cannot help but feel buoyed by their infectious enthusiasm.