※ The next carpenter quest will be available from Beatin once you have met the following requirements:
※ You must have registered a product key fro FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood to your service account.
- Through no fault of the wood you provided, Nguruvilu escaped the trap. Barthovieu has learned from this experience that his knowledge of the dragon is far from complete, and now wishes to examine one of its scales. He believes at least one may have fallen from the Dravanian inside the snare. Make your way now to the Convictory, and speak with one of the soldiers there to examine the now-burned trap.
- Upon speaking with the shivering soldier, you learn that he has chopped up what remained of the trap for firewood. However, in so doing, he found a spearhead, and reasons that the weapon was buried within Nguruvilu's body. Insofar as this cannot be burned to provide warmth, he gives it to you. Return with it to Barthovieu in the Brume, and see if it has any significance.
- Barthovieu is astounded─the spearhead is his father's, and once adorned the selfsame lance that began this adventure. He realizes that his sire was not killed by beastkin, but rather died fighting Nguruvilu, as a knight. The lance remained in the dragon's body until it flew over the Black Shroud. The spearhead came loose but recently. Barthovieu exclaims he can now kill the dragon by driving a lance through the wound in Nguruvilu's scales. Philipallais is upset by this development and rushes off, but Barthovieu is not dissuaded. He bids you make him a spear able to finally put paid to the fiend─a high-quality adamantite trident.
- Barthovieu's eyes are alight with excitement when you hand him his adamantite trident. He vows to take Nguruvilu's life. However, before he leaves, he asks that you speak with Philipallais. Find the child near the Holy Stables, and try to make him see why Barthovieu must fight this fight.
- Philipallais is amazed to hear that his father is going to battle for the sake of his long-dead sire. After a moment's thought, he resolves to believe in Barthovieu. He asks that you accompany him to watch the battle. Head to the north of the Convictory, and rendezvous with Barthovieu.
- Barthovieu's battle with Nguruvilu is pitched, and your friend appears to be losing. Just as Philipallais looks away, Barthovieu manages to strike the killing blow, driving the lance you made him deep into Nguruvilu's breast. Speak now with Barthovieu to the north of the Convictory, and congratulate him on his victory.
- Barthovieu is elated, both by his triumph and that his son was there to see it. However, he acknowledges that he has done wrong by his own father, and wishes now to visit his grave. Join him in saying thank you in the lichyard in Gorgagne Mills.
- You stand and watch as Barthovieu offers apologies over his father's grave, and introduces his own son. Now that he is a true dragonslayer, Barthovieu vows to clear his father's name. Last but not least, he thanks you, his steadfast companion, for helping him along during his journey toward redemption.
※ You must have completed the main scenario quest "The Far Edge of Fate."