- Docette appears to have caught scent of something.
- Having correctly guessed that you have your own chocobo, Docette suggests that you seek the counsel of Luquelot on how to attain even greater affinity with your trusty steed. Take yourself to Bentbranch Meadows and speak with the Ishgardian native.
- Satisfied that you will not mistreat your bird, Luquelot agrees to help you train it in the ways of combat. To begin, he bids you bring him a fresh bunch of gysahl greens from the nearby field.
- You have picked a fresh bunch of gysahl greens. Deliver it to Luquelot.
- Luquelot explains to you the basics of fighting with your chocobo at your side. To put theory into practice, he bids you make your way to Sorrel Haven, and there put down three brood ziz with the aid of your feathered companion.
- You have dispatched three brood ziz. Report your success to Luquelot.
- There are numerous ways in which you and your companion can complement each other in battle. Experiment, and find the approach that serves you best.