- Desperate to have Tataramu back at work on the Dezul Qualan, Sezul has asked that you approach a member of Highwind Skyways directly. Head to the airship landing in Gridania, and find a Skyways employee who might know of Tataramu's present whereabouts.
- Despite being summarily dismissed by Chairman Tatabaru's private clerk, you learn that she will soon join the head of Highwind Skyways on a journey to the Observatorium. Make your own way to the Coerthas central highlands, and question the private clerk once more.
- You manage to pressure the private clerk into revealing that the chairman's son has accompanied them to Coerthas. Search the residences of the Observatorium and find Tataramu.
- Though you have found Tataramu, it appears that his movements are being monitored by the wine-swilling retainers in the next room. The young man suggests that you consult Templeton, and contrive a method by which Tataramu can escape without risking undue notice. Speak with the Skywinds employee in the Observatorium's crafting facility.
- You speak with Templeton, and the devious craftsman suggests the use of a potent sleeping potion mixed into a half-empty bottle of wine. Take the bottle and surreptitiously place it on the table in the room where the mercenary guards are drinking.
- Completely oblivious to your sleight of hand, the retainers begin quaffing the contents of the seemingly innocuous wine bottle. Enter the adjoining chamber and report the progress of the escape plan to Tataramu.
- You report the success of Templeton's plan to an astonished Tataramu. Well aware of his guards' proclivity for drinking, the airship designer deems the sellswords sufficiently insensate to risk a swift dash through the door. Head outside and rendezvous with Tataramu.
- Just as it seems that Tataramu has made good his escape, you are startled by the sudden appearance of Advisor Colson. Though the aged technician is initially disapproving of Tataramu's actions, he is eventually swayed by the young man's impassioned plea that he be allowed to follow his dreams. Return to Ehcatl and rejoin Sezul.
- Sezul is overcome with emotion at Tataramu's return. No sooner has the chief mastered his tears and ordered the designer back to work, however, than the Ixali chieftain of the nearby logging ground makes an unexpected and unwelcome visit. Cawing with triumph at his discovery of the hidden camp, the exultant chieftain promises an unpleasant fate for the Ehcatl Nine. Sezul and his crew must now race to complete the Dezul Qualan before the Natalan Ixal arrive to destroy all that they have worked to accomplish...