- In the absence of a better option, Backrix seems ready to go along with Mide's rescue plan.
- Though Backrix is troubled by Mide's bizarre belief that the soul of her beloved lives on in Alexander, he agrees to go along with the treasure hunter's plan for Roundrox's sake. However, he warns you that the Illuminati have been tirelessly ferrying supplies to their sunken home, likely for use in new weapons. Be ready for anything as you attempt to break through the Illuminati's last line of defense on your way to the second core.
- Despite the best efforts of the Illuminati's foremost machinists, the path to the core of Midas is now free from obstruction. Press on to your destination.
- You push through to the heart of Midas, and Mide quickly disables the core powering Alexander's left arm. Before you have time to savor your victory, however, Quickthinx Allthoughts appears on a hovering platform, flanked by a group of underlings. The Illuminati Grand Master duly indulges in his characteristic cryptic remarks, before declaring that he knows exactly who holds the true codex fragment. Though Wedge and Biggs make a valiant effort to divert the goblins' attention while you escape with Mide, their plan comes to naught when the moving platform on which you are standing stops without warning, catapulting the codex fragment out of the treasure hunter's grasp. With grim inevitability, it lands on Quickthinx's still-functioning platform, and he gleefully departs the scene.
- You return to Bigwest Shortstop in low spirits, but take solace in the fact that two of Alexander's cores have now been disabled, ensuring that the primal will remain immobile. Backrix, however, seems nonplussed by your return. Speak with the confused goblin, and inquire as to the cause of his unease.
- Backrix claims that not nearly enough time has elapsed for you to have completed your mission, given that you departed mere moments before returning. What could be the cause of this bizarre discrepancy? Could Backrix's heretofore steel-trap-like braincase be playing tricks on him...or is something more sinister afoot?