- Elde has garnered much attention for her shop with the wyvernskin workboots based on your design, but unfortunately cannot seem to find the leather to produce them in quantity. However, Ortefauchel overheard Gerhardt speaking of wyvernskin, and Elde asks you to visit the aging merchant to find out what he is up to.
- Gerhardt says, with no small glee, that he has purchased every last scrap of wyvernskin in Ishgard. Moreover, he has forbidden every supplier from selling to Elde. Bear these ill tidings to her.
- Elde receives the news with some shock, but stands strong and vows to simply move on to her next product─fashionable, functional leggings. Such footwear is rare in the Holy See, and she believes it will sell very well. She bids you fashion high-quality dhalmelskin leggings of scouting to become another template for her own craftsmen.
- Greatly pleased with your dhalmelskin leggings, Elde immediately sets her own craftsmen to work fashioning a like design. With these in hand, she then lays out her plans for once again garnering attention, and beating Gerhardt─enlisting Aubrenard to speak to the footwear's finer points. Make your way to the Forgotten Knight, and see if you cannot sway the bard with the complimentary pair of boots.
- Aubrenard is quite taken with the boots, and agrees to act as your spokesman. Strumming his lyre, he draws a great crowd and gives a speech about the quality and designer of his new footwear that would put a salesman to shame. His fans go wild, and, with a cocksure smile upon his lips, the bard bids you tell Elde she will not want for customers.
- Elde is heartened by the news, and goes on to tell you her vision: an Ishgard wherein even the lowborn are given the chance to dress as well as the lords and ladies. However, she cannot see her vision become reality without working long and hard, and asks that you continue to aid in her enterprise.
※The next leatherworker quest will be available from Elde upon reaching level 58.