- Nero seems unusually anxious to move things along.
- Together, Nero and Cid present a profile of your final opponent in the Sigmascape─a magic-using jester by the name of "Kefka." According to their research, the mage is wont to confound his opponents with subtle feints. Accordingly, Nero has adjusted his monitor to give him an unusually clear view of the battle, and will attempt to warn you of impending deceptions. Speak with Alpha to put Nero's strategy to the test.
- ※In the event that you leave the Interdimensional Rift, you may re-enter by speaking with the Ironworks hand at the Yawn.
- Alpha stands ready to enter the Sigmascape with you. Keep your eyes open and your mind sharp, for it is time to do battle with the illusive Kefka!
- ※Sigmascape V4.0 can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have defeated Kefka, a victory which should signal the end of your struggles within the Sigmascape. It is time to leave and return to the Fringes.
- After descending to congratulate you on your triumph, Omega proceeds to deliver its theory on the secret of your inexplicable combat potential. You are, it contends, subconsciously restricting your own performance save when placed in mortal danger. As such, unlocking your "true" capabilities should logically be a matter of threatening you with death... Before you know what is happening, you find yourself trapped in a prism of energy, with scant moments to live. But just when all seems lost, Midgardsormr uses the last of his strength to assume his original form, and intervenes to rescue you from an untimely end. The Father of Dragons then fades into slumber, satisfied that his guidance is no longer required... You are still reeling from your ordeal when Cid arrives, yelling about Nero. But at the sight of you, he bites his tongue, and bids you make a swift exit to the lip of the Yawn.
- You return to the outside world to learn that Nero has been transported to Rhalgr's Reach having collapsed. Make your own way back to the settlement, and call on the waiting Jessie.
- As you are speaking with Jessie, a weary Cid approaches bearing the news that Nero will be incapacitated for some time. Even as exhaustion and injury begin to take their toll on your companions, it is plain that Omega's trials will only become more dangerous. You have little choice therefore but to take Cid's exhortations to heart, and temper body and mind to withstand whatever monstrous opponents Omega has in store for you next.