- Forgemaster Brithael stares at you like a shipwrecked man who has just spotted land.
- Forgemaster Brithael is beyond relieved to see you. According to him, ever since Sekka began her studies at the guild, she has taken to wandering the floors and criticizing everyone's work. Upon giving her a stern talking to about her unpleasant manner of conduct, she became upset and left in a flurry of angry words. It seems, however, this is not the first time she has stormed out over this very same argument, and Brithael asks that you try talking to her in his stead. He then points you in the direction of the Anchor Yard, where she normally goes to cool down. Make your way there and see if you can get through to her.
- Sekka is of the belief that the Blacksmiths' Guild is wasting all its potential on fulfilling mundane tasks for clients. She tells you this is the root cause for the lack of self-improvement she has observed in all the guild members. She believes things should be run differently and tells you she intends to prove it to you. Return to the Blacksmiths' Guild and inform Forgemaster Brithael of just how well your talk with Sekka went.
- You are met by a perturbed Brithael who tells you that Sekka has just challenged the guild. She said she intends to face off with a member of the forgemaster's choice to see who can better satisfy the next request which comes into the guild. Brithael would, of course, have you be the one to take her up on her challenge. It would seem fate is already in your favor, as the latest order you have received is from a customer you already know, and they are waiting to discuss the details of what they would have you make. Go to the Drowning Wench and speak with them.
- As it conveniently turns out, Laurisse and Fremondain─the acquaintances you made in Ishgard─are your clients. They have come to have a sword forged for Fremondain so that he might have a means to protect himself when Laurisse's duties take her to distant lands for extended periods of time. Fremondain, telling you that he has grown frail in his old age, says he would prefer something light and easy to handle. Using the materials Laurisse provides, produce a high-quality featherlight shortsword and deliver the finished product to Brithael for inspection.
- ※In the event you lose the materials or the synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Laurisse.
- Fremondain admits that while both are excellent swords, he finds yours to be far superior to Sekka's. Flabbergasted, she attempts to convince him that hers beats yours in durability and sharpness, at which point Laurisse steps in to say that they are in fact of a comparable quality in both those aspects. Your sword, however, is more desirable because it takes into consideration the physical limitations of its wielder. Sekka, unwilling to accept defeat continues to argue, and Brithael then suggests she look to switching career paths because her attitude is unbecoming of a craftsman. Realizing her mistake, she reflects upon her conduct and apologizes for her outburst and earlier behavior before vowing to begin taking her studies at the guild more seriously.
- ※The next blacksmith quest will be available from Brithael upon reaching level 65.