- Forgemaster Brithael has a twinkle in his eye that suggests he would like to make yet another request of you.
- Forgemaster Brithael has received a request from a man named Shinto in the Far East, who has asked for the guild's most talented blacksmith to forge him a weapon. This seemingly standard commission, however, comes with an odd stipulation, which is that neither of you should mention anything about this to Sekka. While Brithael briefly puzzles over its implications, he tells you that you─the best smithy─will be going to fulfill Shinto's order. Make your way to the ferry docks and see what this mysterious Far Eastern man would have you forge.
- Shinto hands you a hunk of rusted iron, and asks that you use it to create a katana. It seems the poor-quality metal is all the man can afford. Recognizing that this will be a challenging task, he urges you first consult Sekka before setting to work. As you make ready to leave, he gives you one last stern reminder to keep his identity a secret from her. Make your way to Anchor Yard and see if Sekka can assist you.
- Given the high percentage of impurities and rust in the metal, Sekka proposes focusing solely on cultivating the durability of the blade as opposed to its sharpness. She fears that if you were to fold the already brittle iron too many times, it will make the blade prone to breakage. Suggesting you attempt to make a heavy uchigatana, she hands you half of the iron hunk, and holds on to the rest should you need to try again later. Make a high-quality heavy uchigatana and deliver it to Shinto, who awaits you at the docks.
- ※In the event you lose the ingredients or the synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Sekka.
- Shinto begins by criticizing your work, saying that the shoddy craftsmanship trumps that of even the lesser swordsmiths of the Far East─or, at least, that is the critique he would have given you had you been furnished with decent materials. As it stands, he is impressed by the fact that you were even able to create an uchigatana, however poor, from the rusted iron he provided you with. Shinto then bids you return to Forgemaster Brithael to tell him that he is satisfied with your performance.
- You learn that Shinto is, in fact, Sekka's father and has come to take her back to Kugane. He tells her that it is past time she gave up on her dream of becoming his apprentice as she lacks the fundamental skills it takes to become a swordsmith. Brithael, however, is of a different opinion, and tells Shinto off for his disparaging and overly critical comments. After exchanging a few more scathing remarks, Shinto walks out, beckoning his daughter to follow him. Forgemaster Brithael─out of a mixture of sympathy and fear that she will remain indefinitely at his guild─turns to Sekka before she leaves and promises to help her think of a way to gain her father's approval and fulfill her greatest desire.
- ※The next blacksmith quest will be available from Brithael upon reaching level 68.
Heavy Uchigatana can be found under Logs -> Crafting Log -> Special Recipes -> Class Quests