- Certain his men have returned, the serpent marshal bids you seek out Lieutenant Molkoh and check on the condition of their new captive.
- Lieutenant Molkoh informs you the soldier was transported to Castrum Oriens without incident, and healers are presently tending to his wounds. When he has recovered enough to speak, she means to learn once and for all what happened to the prisoners twenty years ago. All you can do now is wait.
- Though battered and bruised, the soldier is all too happy to tell you what he knows. Much to Lieutenant Molkoh's horror, he elucidates the Garleans' plans to make a chemical weapon, which was tested on the prisoners moved to Bittermill. The scientist who created it, one Grillairmais, is the crazed man you found wandering in the woods. Lieutenant Molkoh bids the soldier go and rest as she reflects on this horrifying revelation.
- To remove any doubt of the soldier's claim, Lieutenant Molkoh asks you to accompany her to Bittermill one last time. She's confident something of the experiments remains buried in the ruins of the hamlet.
- You find Lieutenant Molkoh at Bittermill, shovel in hand and ready to work. She suggests splitting up to hasten your search.
- After much digging and searching, you happen upon a strange metal container. The lieutenant will be pleased to know what you've found.
- Though she is saddened to have found evidence supporting the Garlean soldier's story, Lieutenant Molkoh does not want to take any rash action. She insists on first reporting to Serpent Marshal Brookstone.
- The serpent marshal is pleased with your work, and assures you the container will be destroyed once it has been safely removed from Bittermill. With the investigation finally over, Lieutenant Molkoh intends to return to Gridania to make a record of what transpired. She hopes someday her records will include other tales of your bravery and derring-do.