- Biggs has instructions for you from Cid.
- With Roundrox safely back at the Shortstop─and the Illuminati deprived of their ability to manipulate time─the hour is right to delve into the very heart of the colossus. While Cid and his crew sweep the surrounding areas for any potential ambushers, you are to take the shortest path to innermost chambers of the giant. Steel yourself for battle, and may the Twelve smile upon you!
- ※The Heart of the Creator can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- The fearsome mechanical foe that guarded the core has been reduced to scrap metal by your hand. Reconvene with Cid and the others, and agree on your next step.
- You fight your way to the core only to be confronted by an inconvenient truth─with the primal absorbing aether from the land at a heretofore unheard of rate, the crystal has swelled to mammoth proportions. Taking stock of the situation, Cid surmises that any attempt to dismantle it in its current state would prove futile, and proposes a change in plans─you will return to Central Control and attempt to find a way to cut off the influx of aether to the core, thereby stunting its growth and rendering it more easily destroyed. Cid and Wedge begin to consider the details of the plan, but their conversation is interrupted by Quickthinx, who descends on a floating platform to inform you that the discussion is entirely moot─he has already seen the future, and your attempts to defeat the primal are doomed to fail. He assures you that while he is too busy conquering time to kill you now, he has foreseen that the next time you step into this chamber will be your last. He gloats that he has sealed off all other routes to Central Control save for this one, giving you two choices: abandon your mission and cede control of history to the Illuminati, or forfeit your lives. Events take an unexpected turn, however, when Shanoa suddenly throws herself at Quickthinx as he is floating away, knocking his prized "futurebook"─the source of his vast knowledge of all that will come to pass─out of his hand and down to the floor in a scene uncannily similar to that witnessed during your trip to the past. Backrix quickly takes the tome into hand, and is astonished to see that it is none other than his very own watcherbook, with the final entry ending precisely where he had left off when Shanoa knocked the selfsame book out of his hands. While many of the convoluted details remain unclear, one thing is certain: for all of Quickthinx's bravado and bluster, the future from here onward remains unwritten, and the battle for history may yet be won!
- Biggs reflects on the revelations of the day, piecing together the events that led Quickthinx to his delusion that he had been chosen by time itself as a prophet and mender of history. One riddle, however, still remains─while it is now evident that the events of the past three years were set in motion by Shanoa, the coeurl's motivation for doing so is entirely abstruse. Is there more to this curious kitten than meets the eye? To what end is she seeking to shape the course of history? The answers, no doubt, are housed deep within the bowels of that great steel beast...