- Biggs steels himself for what may well be your final confrontation with the Illuminati.
- Biggs briefs you on the task at hand. In order to disable the core and end the primal threat, you will first need to cut off its supply of aether─this much you gleaned from your last trip into the heart of the colossus. While the precise means by which this may be done is mere speculation at this point, Cid has determined that your best chance is to return to Central Control. Complicating matters is the fact that the only way in is through the main generators─the chamber that Quickthinx portentously warned would be the site of your demise. Though it is clear that he possesses no special insight into the future, it would stand to reason that the master of the Illuminati is prepared to meet you with the full force of his mechanical army. Ready yourself for battle, then venture back into the belly of the beast!
- ※To enter the Main Generators, speak with Snapclix in the Makers' Quarter.
- No sooner do you enter the main generators than you are greeted by the ominous voice of Quickthinx, who calls upon Alexander to deliver the judgment of time upon the unworthy─meaning you. Seemingly from nowhere, a smaller─though still passably enormous─embodiment of the colossus appears before you, summoning forth a massive energy field, and for an instant, time stops. The field soon dissipates, however, prompting an obviously perturbed Quickthinx to order Alexander to simply annihilate you. The colossus-within-a-colossus duly endeavors to oblige, firing a massive beam of destructive light that you are only barely able to evade, before disappearing into what appears to be a self-contained pocket of time. With even Cid unable to provide any real insight into what has just occurred, you have no recourse but to enter the time distortion and eliminate the mechanical menace.
- ※The Soul of the Creator can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Its true nature still shrouded in the mysteries of time and space, the entity known as Alexander Prime has nonetheless fallen to your hand. Return to reality as you know it and rendezvous with your companions.
- You storm into Central Control, where Y'shtola calls upon Roundrox to access the Enigma Codex and disable the flow of aether to the core. The plan goes awry, however, when Quickthinx reveals that he too can read the codex, an ability he concealed hoping to sacrifice the goblin girl's life instead of his own in the event that the fully awakened Alexander's power was too great to control. Just when it appears certain that he will succeed in traveling to the past and snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, Mide emerges from the shadows and shoots him in the head, ending his schemes once and for all. Now, there is nothing preventing Roundrox from turning off the flow of aether to the core, which she duly does─at long last quelling the primal threat. It would seem your mission has ended in triumph.
- As you prepare to leave, Quickthinx's corpse stirs to life with a series of whirrs and clicks, and he reassumes control of the colossus. Boasting that he has mechanically enhanced his body to the point that physical wounds are of no consequence to him, he reissues the command to return to the past. But at the moment of the Illuminati Grand Master's triumph, Alexander itself defies his order, sending a surge of energy back through the Enigma Codex that shatters it into innumerable pieces, overloading the mechanized goblin's circuits with fatal consequences.
- Though your foe lies dead, there is no time to rejoice, as the core─without the codex to keep its power in check─begins to run out of control. In that instant, Mide discovers that her long-cherished belief is true: her beloved's soul lives on inside the machine, and it is calling out to her. With a smile of acceptance, she says her farewells and casts herself into the core. As the colossus begins to lose power, you could swear you hear her voice calling out to you, assuring you that Alexander is in safe hands...
- Safely outside, you share a moment of relief with Biggs. The colossus has gone still, and a closer look reveals that the flow of time inside the barrier has stopped entirely. Though the precise details remain unclear─known only to a man and woman who have left this world for a place beyond space and time─it would appear the primal threat has finally passed.