- With barely restrained giddiness, Melkoko shares with you her pleasure at having witnessed H'mhasi Tia being humbled by Rhoswen. That pleasure was short-lived, however, for Rhoswen then directed her displeasure at her. She is tasked with coming up with a piping hot soup dish for her mistress, and this task now falls to you. Melkoko suggests that you speak with Lyngsath to learn of Rhoswen's preferences in soup.
- You approach Lyngsath for Rhoswen's preferences, who reveals that the good captain has been obsessed with Ishgardian cuisine of late. However, he refuses to go into more detail on account of the culinarian-customer relationship. If you desire further information, it appears you will need to speak with the good captain herself.
- Rhoswen reveals to you her plot to entrap and do away with her rival, Carvallain, and for this she needs to know the man's favorite cuisine. To this end, she bids you go to the Seventh Sage and ask him the name of the best Ishgardian chef. The coinpurse she gave you should serve to loosen the man's tongue.
- The coinpurse does the trick, and Carvallain tells you that the head chef of House Durendaire is the foremost authority in Ishgardian cuisine. Though he withholds the man's name, Carvallain provides you with a bottle of Lohmani red to help facilitate your meeting. Make your way to Ishgard and search for the chef in the vicinity of Durendaire Manor.
- Delighted for the gift of Lohmani red, the House Durendaire chef is pleased to teach you all about the humble but ubiquitous beet soup. He goes on to impress upon you his belief that love is an essential ingredient in every dish, and in closing gives you the names of popular accompaniments to the soup. Prepare a bowl of beet soup, a kaiser roll, and a serving of grilled sweetfish, and present them to Melkoko.
- Rhoswen is deeply impressed with your beet soup, and declares that she will have H'mhasi Tia master the recipe. After Melkoko takes her leave, Rhoswen reveals to you a shocking revelation: Melkoko is actually infatuated with H'mhasi Tia. Though you struggle to reconcile this fact with her plan to humble him at the Dellemont d'Or, for now you must remain focused on preparing for the contest, all the while keeping close to heart the secret ingredient: love.
※The next culinarian quest will be available from Melkoko upon reaching level 58.