- Alphinaud lays before you the plan to establish a realm-wide Grand Company. The Scion goes on to lament that though the three nations' leaders are not opposed to the idea itself, endless deliberations over its implementation have slowed progress to a crawl. In order to demonstrate the efficacy of such a company and thus encourage the leaders to come to an agreement, Alphinaud explains that he has proposed the creation of a smaller, precursor organization─the vanguard to a future united Eorzea. The young Elezen requests that you join him on his journey to each of the three nations that you might begin scouting potential members for this trial company while he is engaged with finalizing the bureaucratic formalities. Head first to Limsa Lominsa and rendezvous with Alphinaud at Bulwark Hall.
- After giving you a brief explanation on the recruitment process, Alphinaud heads up to the Bridge to speak with the Admiral. Make your way to the upper decks and begin scouting for potential company members.
- You speak with a number of possible candidates for the trial organization, but are only successful in gaining the interest of Riol, a member of the now defunct Company of Heroes. Head to the airship landing and report to Alphinaud.
- You have reported the fruits of your labor to the young Scion. He is impressed by the caliber of your first recruit, and bids you join him on the second leg of his journey. Travel next to Gridania, and find Alphinaud at Nophica's Altar.
- You meet with Alphinaud just as he is due to begin his audience with Kan-E-Senna. Continue your recruiting efforts within Old Gridania while the determined Elezen speaks with the Elder Seedseer.
- You succeed in recruiting Laurentius and Alianne to the trial company. Make your way to the airship ticket counter and report to Alphinaud.
- The young Scion appears curious but nevertheless pleased at the addition of a former Wood Wailer and a seasoned adventurer to the ranks. Travel next to Ul'dah, and rendezvous with Alphinaud at the Royal Promenade.
- Alphinaud is ready to bow before Her Majesty Nanamo Ul Namo and ask her permission to operate freely within Ul'dah's borders. Make your way to the lower level of the Steps of Thal, and complete the initial stage of the trial company's recruitment efforts.
- Though your efforts to recruit any native Ul'dahns has failed, you are able to capture the interest of the young Ala Mhigan Wilred. Return to the Royal Promenade and report to Alphinaud.
- Somewhat disappointed but otherwise unsurprised by the overall number of recruits, Alphinaud is genuinely grateful for the few valuable members you were able to secure. After reporting his own success with the sultana and attempting to dispel any doubt you might have over the Syndicate's involvement, the young Scion suggests a swift return to Revenant's Toll. Make your way back to the Rising Stones and speak with Alphinaud.
- Upon returning to the Scions' headquarters, you find Alphinaud exhausted from the journey but eager to begin preparations for his trial company's inaugural ceremony. He thanks you for your recruiting efforts, and hints that the Antecedent may wish to assign you new duties. Speak with Minfilia and learn what events have transpired in Revenant's Toll in your absence.